Archivist – Temporary Position
History Associates is seeking temporary archivists for upcoming project work on Capitol Hill following the midterm elections. History Associates has been engaged to assist in the close-out of several congressional offices. This work will be sporadic in terms of the work schedule so we need individuals who have a flexible schedule and can easily move from assignment to assignment.
Working under the supervision of a Project Manager, the archivists will conduct office closeout and records inventories for elected government officials by recording box, folder, and record type information into a MS Access database. Tasks include photographing and inventorying client memorabilia, packing records and memorabilia for transfer to archival repository, and running quality control for internal consistency and accuracy. Attention to detail is a must. The position will involve both working independently and as a team member with History Associates and client staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Political Science, Library Sciences, or other applicable field
(Preference given to candidates with Master’s degree in Library Science, Public History or related discipline)
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interest in preserving history and/or politics
- Knowledge/experience conducting records and/or object inventories
- Experience using a digital camera and digital processing software
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines
- Exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with Microsoft Access
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, names and contact information including e-mail address of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Temporary positions are not eligible for company benefits offered by History Associates.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer