Director of Sales
As evident below, History Associates has a stellar reputation for providing outstanding products and services to a diverse clientele.
“The final product from HAI exceeded even our high expectations.”
“Partnering with History Associates Incorporated was the single most important decision we made, as we took on the task of documenting our company history. Their experience in conducting research and oral histories, and finding a powerful storyline was invaluable.”
After decades of solid growth through our strong reputation, we want to bring on a talented sales person to help take us to the next level. Someone who takes pride in their work and is looking to make a high-profile impact in the growth of a successful company. If you are an experienced, high-energy, sales-oriented individual and can contribute to our growth and achievement this may be the job for you.
Reporting to the President, you will develop a sales initiative that will ensure the success of all of our service lines. You will work closely with our Service Line Directors to help them meet their revenue targets and expand our business.
- Build a sales pipeline to ensure a constant stream of business
- Determine annual gross profit plans by creating and implementing sales strategies and analyzing trends and results
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas and projecting expected sales volume for existing and new services
- Stay up to date on company activities, industry trends, and government regulations
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends of our business
- Define and execute sales strategies, campaigns, strategic partnerships, and business development programs to maximize sales and profitability
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-selling opportunities
- Attend key events to generate sales and identify potential leads
- Follow up on leads generated by others
- Establish and adjust pricing by monitoring costs, competition, and economic indicators
- 3-5 years profitable sales experience
- Record of achieving sales targets and generating revenue
- Government contracting experience preferred
- Knowledge in the areas of historical research, litigation support, information management and digital preservation, and museum exhibits
- BA in business administration, finance, marketing, or a related field with sales or marketing specialization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Presentation skills
- Ability to identify sales-related issues and implement solutions
- Self-motivated and organized
- Negotiation skills and creativity
History Associates offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: paid holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; and a 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and evidence of a successful sales initiative to:
History Associates Incorporated
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
History Associates is an equal opportunity employer