If you are passionate about uncovering information about the past, you could be our next research historian! We are looking for an experienced research historian who has excellent writing skills and can convey concepts in a clear, concise, and accurate manner. You will be given the opportunity to work across all service lines and will take on a variety of assignments. Duties include but are not limited to conducting extensive primary and secondary source research, writing research reports, and managing projects, which includes maintaining budgets and schedules.
- Conduct historical research in government repositories
- Oversee project work and a project team
- Timely follow up on leads making sure requested information is received in a timely manner
- Manage project budget
- Proposal and report writing
- BA/BS/MA in history or other research & writing fields
- GPA 3.5 or above
- Experience as a project manager a plus
- Experience conducting research in government repositories
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Professional, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others
- African American Studies a plus
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan; and bonus plan.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (20 pages max.) demonstrating both research and analytical capabilities, transcript, and three references with e-mail addresses to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer