Processing Archivist – Kings Point, NY
History Associates is actively recruiting for an archivist to join a dynamic team working on a processing project located in Kings Point, New York. This is a temporary, full time position expected to run from April 9 – May 31, 2018.
The Archivist will accomplish the following:
- Survey and develop a processing plan in accordance with established professional standards for a historic maritime-related document collection;
- Complete processing activities including arrangement, rehousing, weeding, and implementation of preservation actions according to the processing plan;
- Create an archival finding aids in accordance with DACs standards;
- Participate in internal and client facing meetings.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in library science, history, or related discipline.
- Minimum of six months of experience of surveying, processing and describing archival records;
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures;
- Ability to work independently and to exercise discretion, initiative, and judgment;
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with maritime history materials.
Send cover letter, resume, sample finding aid, transcripts, and names and phone numbers/email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Note: all applicants must be able to pass a Federal Agency background test.
Temporary positions are not eligible for paid leave, health benefits, 401(k) profit sharing and bonus.
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.