Digital Archives Consultant — Temporary Position
History Associates (HAI) is excited to announce an opening for an experienced digital archivist to join our dynamic team processing a collection of a former government official. If you meet the qualifications below and can commit to a one year project, this is the position for you.
Position is part-time temporary, approximately 150-200 hours over a twelve month period working in the DC metro area. Anticipated start date late August early September.
The digital specialist will consult closely with the project manager, lead archivist, and two digital archivists ensuring specific goals are met. Attention to detail and the ability to train others are a must. The position will involve acting as an advisor to History Associates and client staff.
Advanced degree in archives/library science, technology, information science or other related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience playing a lead role or advising on digital projects
- Proven experience with workflows, tools and procedures for ingesting and processing digital assets
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of the OAIS reference model and information packages
- Proficiency in digital processing/preservation tools such as DataAccessioner, DA: Metadata Transformer, Bagger, and AVPreserve’s Fixity
- Experience working in the cultural heritage field
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Familiarity with congressional records
- Experience with collections that have integrated digital and analog materials
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, finding aid, transcripts, and names and email addresses of three references to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
Email submissions are preferred
All staff involved in this project will conduct themselves respectfully and maintain the confidentiality of the records and discoveries made during this project. If requested, all team members will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
This position is not eligible for any benefits offered by History Associates.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.