Bring out the full value of your collections
Your collections have value, but to make best use of them, you must know exactly what you have and where it is.
Our museum professionals provide hands-on expertise to help you gain greater intellectual control of your collections. When you’re facing projects that are not routine, such as conducting a collections assessment, performing inventories, moving to new facilities, or upgrading your museum collection management systems, we can help you expertly plan for and navigate them. We routinely work with trusted partners, anticipate issues, and bring such projects to completion on time and within budget—getting your collections in a better state than when you began.
Your collection has value; we help you bring its full value to light.
Organizations like NARA’s Office of Presidential Libraries, the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and Levi Strauss & Co. have trusted us with their collections. We would treat your collections with the same high level of care and attention.
Benefit from our experience! Call us at (301) 279-9697 or contact History Associates to discuss your project.
Collections Strategy and Documentation
- Developing and implementing museum collections management policies and procedures
- Developing selection criteria for collections
- Assessing collections to ensure proper documentation and preservation
- Conducting collections research / documenting provenance
- Recording institutional knowledge of collections
Collections Management System Consulting
- Creation and management of collections inventories and databases
- Development of standard operating procedures to museum standards and/or your industry requirements
- Museum database software evaluation, selection, and implementation
- Data standardization, migration, and import
- Bar code integration
Collections Management Support
- Relocation planning and project management
- Collections inventories and assessments
- Collections cataloging, reorganization, and rehousing for fine art, historical artifacts, medical collections, and natural history specimens
- Supervision and tracking the movement of artifacts and specimens
- Digital imaging
Take advantage of our diverse capabilities
Are you planning a new exhibition to correspond with your move? We can integrate the management of your collections with our exhibit content development team. Is your museum cataloging project a component of a larger archival assessment? Our professional archivists are ready to assist. Our diversified staff is capable of assisting you on a wide variety of projects.