Contract through GSA schedule
Through our GSA contract, History Associates can provide federal and state government archives and records management clients with:
- Expedited acquisitions
- Negotiated labor costs
History Associates’ work adheres to all professionally accepted archival and records management standards and complies fully with the Federal Records Act and National Archives guidelines.
Government Archives Management
History Associates provides program and operational support to federal clients with archival and historical collections. We assist with the initiation, management, and improvement of archival programs, as well as with the technical execution of archives and preservation activities. Our staff also provides assistance with physical and digital materials as well as support functions for both centralized and dispersed collections.
- Survey and inventory historical materials
- Create operational policies and procedures manuals
- Provide presentations, training, and workshops on archives and preservation functions
Acquisitions and Appraisal
- Appraise materials for permanent preservation
- Generate accession records and case files for archival collections
- Weed and de-accession materials according to agency collection policies
Arrangement and Description
- Arrange and describe archival materials to professional and agency standards
- Prepare finding aids and other descriptive tools for archival materials
- Provide subject classification and cataloging services for archival collections
- Encode finding aids using Encoded Archival Description and XML for web access
- Provide reference services for archival collections
Operations and Services
- Conduct needs assessments and feasibility studies
- Create budgets and timelines for operations and special projects
- Determine specifications for facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Design floor plans and layout for archival storage and workspaces
Our Records Management Services
History Associates assists government agencies with all aspects of federal records management functions, at both the national and regional levels. We improve existing records management programs, revive programs that have been dormant for years, and implement programs for new agencies and divisions. We also administer records management operations on behalf of federal agencies.
- Promote compliance with federal standards and procedures
- Revive dormant records management programs
- Design and implement new government records management programs
- Conduct government records surveys and inventories
- Draft records retention and disposition schedules
- Develop policies and procedures for managing records
- Appraise government records for archival and historical value
- Execute federal records appraisal and scheduling paperwork
- Create office filing systems
- Provide guidance on electronic records management issues
- Assess program needs by surveying records and interviewing staff
- Create customized records schedules and records management procedures based on agency requirements
Digital Archives Projects
History Associates helps government clients increase the visibility of their archival collections by providing on-line access to historical materials. We assist with program planning and implementation, selection of materials, and definition of technical standards and procedures for digital archives projects.
History Associates also organizes, describes, and prepares digitized collections materials for research and use.
- Create policies and procedures for managing digital collections
- Define technical standards for program implementation
- Generate metadata records and other appropriate descriptive tools
- Research and acquire copyright permissions for archival materials
- Liaise with agency archivists, information technology staff, and stakeholders to prepare for, support, and monitor the quality of digital archives projects
Let’s discuss your archives and records management project
Call us at (301) 279-9697 or contact History Associates today.