Kenneth D. Durr
Vice President and Senior Historian
Kenneth D. Durr joined History Associates in 1991. Since then, he has directed a wide range of projects including books and monographs; online histories and timelines; chronologies; and oral history programs.
An accomplished business, labor, and political historian, Dr. Durr has been interviewed as an expert in business histories by trade publications including Constructor Magazine and CEO Update. Dr. Durr also has an extensive background in the history of U.S. financial regulation, particularly the Federal Reserve and the Securities and Exchange Commission. He has provided historical research and consulting services to the SEC Historical Society for more than a decade and has been interviewed as an expert by The Wall Street Journal.
Dr. Durr has written numerous history books including:
- The Evolution of A Profession: The First 75 Years of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons, 1942-2017 (ACFAS, 2017)
- Sustaining Excellence, MPR Associates: The First Fifty Years (MPR, 2015)
- The Best Laid Plans: Robert R. Nathan and 20th Century Liberalism (Montrose Press, 2013)
- From Sea to Soup: The Evolution of Blount Fine Foods, 1946-2011 (Blount Fine Foods, 2012)
- Universal Avionics: 30 Years of Innovation (Universal Avionics, 2011)
- The First 40: A History of DAI (DAI, 2010)
- Lighting Louisiana for 75 Years (Cleco Corporation, 2010)
- Life of the Party: Kenneth F. Simpson and the Survival of the Republicans in 1930s New York (Montrose Press, 2009)
- A Journey of Transformation, 1851-2009 (Schering-Plough, 2009)
- Philadelphia University: A Rich History, 1884-2007 (Philadelphia University, 2007)
- A Company with a Mission: Rodman Rockefeller and the Basic Economy Corporation, 1947-1985 (Montrose Press, 2006)
- One Union: The History of the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades, 1887-2003 (Aspatore Press, 2004)
- Behind the Backlash: White Working-Class Politics in Postwar Baltimore, 1940-1980 (University of North Carolina Press, 2003)
Coauthored books include:
- The Roadway Story, with Philip Cantelon (Roadway, 1996)
- Never Stand Still: A History of CNF Transportation, Inc., with Philip Cantelon (1999)
- International Harvester – McCormick – Navistar: Milestones in the Company that Helped Build America, with Lee Sullivan (Navistar International, 2007)
Dr. Durr earned a bachelor’s degree in American studies at Kent State University and holds master’s and doctoral degrees in twentieth-century American political and social history from American University, where he has also served as an adjunct professor.