Facts are at the foundation of almost every legal matter.
You require responsive, experienced experts who can successfully reconstruct the historical fact record and respond to research and analytical requests with efficiency and discretion.
HAI is a nationally-recognized research and analysis consultancy with expertise spanning multiple subject matters and topics. Our team prides itself on delivering insight and perspective on the most difficult factual research questions.
Since inception in 1981, we have successfully completed more than 1,300 historical research investigations, helping our clients obtain significant legal judgments. We have unsurpassed knowledge of federal, state, and local records systems and expertise conducting research around the globe in a wide variety of archives, libraries, government offices, and private record collections.
Our knowledge of history gives us the framework to know what information to look for in non-digitized record collections while also employing cutting-edge tools to help bolster your case or reduce the likelihood that opposing counsel will produce surprises later.
We offer support throughout the entire legal process. Our experienced historians draft targeted FOIA and FOIL requests; assist in pretrial motions and discovery requests; analyze historical materials provided by opposing parties, experts, and eyewitnesses; and serve as authoritative expert witnesses and Rule 30(B)(6) corporate representatives.
Our areas of expertise include
- PRP Searches and CERCLA cost recovery
- Product liability and toxic torts research
- Corporate succession/corporate genealogy
- State of knowledge investigations
- Government contract searches
- Forensic environmental investigations
- Land use, watershed, and site histories
- Nuclear industry histories
- Holocaust and looted art investigations
- Native American rights disputes
- Water rights and coastal erosion disputes
- Insurance recovery research
- Intellectual property investigations
- Legislative and regulatory history
- Manufactured gas plant (MGP) issues
- Slavery disclosure research
- Climate change research
of the Top 10 Law Firms in the nation included in our portfolio
forensic environmental investigations related to CERCLA/Superfund cost recovery
of the Top 50 Law Firms in the nation included in our portfolio
recovered in CERCLA response costs from federal government
Featured Blog Posts
Richard JohnsonSmith Pachter McWhorter PLC
Linda Tape Attorney, Husch Blackwell
Solomon Pantuch Attorney, Foley & Mansfield
Richard G. Himelrick Attorney at Law, Tiffany & Bosco P.A. Director of Operations, United Brotherhood of Carpenters
Richard M. Brodsky Miles & Stockbridge
Jack Terry Husch Blackwell LLP
Barry G. StratfordPerkins Coie LLP