Director of Human Resources | People Person
“I am an enabler: I put in place and manage programs, training, and employment policies that enable employees to reach their potential and make a full contribution to the success of our company.”
Work at HAI
In 2000, Doris became HAI’s first human resources professional, joining the growing company at a critical juncture in its history. She worked with management to develop a department that would support employees and foster a welcoming environment. Today, she heads the HR department, working alongside a small supporting staff.
Doris’s many responsibilities at HAI include:
- Providing human resources direction, advice, and counsel to the management team
- Coaching and mentoring team members through HR-related issues
- Working closely with the management on all recruitment needs
- Understanding cultural norms, traditions, and working with diverse teams
- Developing and communicating HR guidelines and enforcing organization values
- Ensuring compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal requirements, including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Implementing personnel policies and procedures
- Working closely with staff to maintain a cohesive working environment
- Conducting research to determine competitive pay rates
Doris also oversees all aspects relating to building maintenance. She has formed strong relationships with the many vendors who help keep the building up to code and safe for all staff.
Path to HAI
Before joining HAI, Doris worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance Company for twenty years. She started her career as an entry-level file clerk and was promoted to various positions before ultimately serving as Director of Human Resources. Doris is an active member of the Society for Human Resource Management.