History Associates (HAI) is looking for a research historian with a background in civics to join our dynamic team of professionals at our Rockville, MD location. If you meet the qualifications below, this is the position for you.
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Paid vacation
- Sick and holiday leave
- 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct historical research at a variety of government repositories in a variety of different records
- Assist with composing exhibit text
- Asset negotiation, acquisition, tracking, and delivery
- Follow up on leads making sure requested information is received in a timely manner
- BA or MA in History or Civics
- Experience conducting research in government repositories, specifically the National Archives and Records Administration and Library of Congress preferred
- Textbook writing experience preferred
- Writing skills that are clear, concise, and accurate
- Professional, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others in a team-based collaborative atmosphere
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (20 pages max.) demonstrating both research and analytical capabilities, (unofficial) transcripts, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references using the form on this page or via email to:
Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.