History Associates provides the context for our present and the foundation for our future. This is why clients turn to History Associates to tell their stories, preserve and manage their records and artifacts, or answer their historical questions. Since 1981, History Associates has provided a spectrum of services leading to consistent profitability and periods of strong revenue growth. As a leader in this niche market, History Associates attracts bright and creative professionals and serves a diverse, nationwide clientele from all sectors of the economy.
History Associates is seeking an experienced Research Historian to conduct extensive primary and secondary source research, write research reports and project manage. The researcher will have the opportunity to work across all service lines exposing one to a variety of assignments. The researcher will report directly to the service line director.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct historical research at a variety of government repositories
- Recognize key information obtained from historical sources
- Oversee project work and a project team
- Follow up on leads making sure requested information is received in a timely manner
- Manage project budget
- Proposal and report writing
- BA/BS/MA in history or other research & writing fields
- GPA 3.5 or above
- Experience as a project manager a plus
- Experience conducting research in government repositories
- Writing skills that are clear, concise and accurate
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Professional, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others
- African American Studies education a plus
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including holidays; annual and sick leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) plan.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample (20 pages max.) demonstrating both research and writing capabilities, (unofficial) transcripts, and names and e-mail addresses of three references using the form on this page or via email to:
Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.