History Associates is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Records Manager to join our team. Working out of our Rockville, MD office, the Records Manager will be responsible for managing, organizing, and storing physical and electronic records in accordance with established policies and procedures for HAI’s clients.
This individual will also be responsible for developing and implementing best practices for records management, as well as training staff on proper records management techniques.
- 3-5 years of experience in records management, preferably in a healthcare or legal setting
- Bachelor's degree in Library Science, Information Science, or a related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with electronic records management systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations, including HIPAA and FERPA
- Maintain physical and electronic records in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Develop and implement best practices for records management
- Train staff on proper records management techniques
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all records
- Participate in the development and implementation of records retention schedules
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the records management program
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package including annual, sick and holiday leave; medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) profit sharing, four-day workweek.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, and three references with e-mail addresses to:
History Associates Incorporated
ATTN: Doris Miles, Vice President HR
300 N. Stonestreet Avenue
Rockville, MD 20850
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.