History Associates is actively recruiting for a Certified Archivist to work on an archival project in our Rockville, MD office. Position is expected to begin in August and last for approximately 8 months. Individual hired will be hired as a consultant however, depending on available work and overall performance at the conclusion of this project, the individual’s status could change to full-time employee.
Job Responsibilities:The Archivist will accomplish the following:
• Inventory and survey archival collections
• Appraise, arrange, rehouse, and describe archival collections according to an existing processing plan
• Regularly communicate project status and milestones with Project Manager
• Certified Archivist certification through the Academy of Certified Archivists
• MLS/MLIS with a concentration in archives
• Prior experience appraising, arranging, rehousing, and describing archival collections
• Familiarity with archival metadata standards such as DACS
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including MS Excel and MS Word
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
• Spanish language proficiency
Consultants are not eligible for paid leave or any benefits offered by HAI.
For prompt consideration, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in working for History Associates and a resume highlighting your qualifications using the form on this page, or email to:
History Associates is an equal opportunity employer.