The archives department at History Associates (HAI) is looking for experienced archivists to join our dynamic team of professionals at our Rockville, MD location. If you meet the qualifications below, this is the position for you.
History Associates offers an excellent benefits package, which includes:
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability
- Paid vacation
- Sick and holiday leave
- 401(k) profit sharing plan.
Working under the supervision of a project manager, the archivists will be responsible for surveying, arranging, preserving, cataloging, describing, and creating finding aids.
The position will involve both working independently and as a team member with History Associates and clients.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, History, or another applicable field
- Minimum 2 years of experience working on archives projects
- Strong Attention to detail
- Proven experience working as part of a large team
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of archival policies and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, (unofficial) transcripts, and the names and e-mail addresses of three references using the form on this page or via email to:
Doris Miles, Director of Personnel
Packages not containing all information requested will not be considered for this position.
History Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.